Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Step


Unexpected free fall
Domino's cascade down cheeks
My Thoughts hinder my freewill
Fighting for control exhausts my soul
Lashings from the one you chose
Feeble and small cross-legged in an office chair
Rectangles of awareness piled below
The system has been shut off
Only emptiness remains
Glimmer and glint of regret
The twinkle mocks you
clench your air way tightens
I scoff at the idea
Victims gather in protest
Numbers grow you shrink
The circus ensues
Music lights high wire and trapezes
The chaos gains ground
Cotton candy and popcorn
Your lion’s escape
Bound and gagged you witness the horror
Bloody domino's are all that remain
The twinkle held you captive
Your extinction will be everyone’s sigh of relief
Their piece was all you were after
Intentions on auto pilot
Your rise is in vein
You check in the aftermath
I wash my hands they still reek of the massacre
I sit on my step.

No comments:

Post a Comment